Chromatose Demo 1.3: Going Live!
I've just posted Chromatose's Demo ver 1.3, a major update I've been working on which combines Chromatose's 1.2 accessibility improvements with a new round of important fixes, improvements, and changes listed below:
New to 1.3:
- You can now edit your deck at any time from the pause menu instead of having to wait until you get in combat!
- You can now review tutorial images you've seen so far at any time from the pause menu!
- Every battle now has battleback art! No more 'Spotlight in empty room' battle rooms!
- Changed/added several Sinking Schoolground scenes to make the intended gameplay path more obvious to players
- Lilith's portraits got polished and updated!
- Monsters will stop attacking you after you lose to them
- Fixed some surface-related glitches and improved visibility of several assets
- Several bugfixes caused by Gamemaker updating itself
- Difficulty of ORIGINAL and REBALANCED have been tweaked
Affected updates from 1.2:
- You can now change the difficulty of the game! The two modes, 'ORIGINAL' and 'REBALANCED' can be toggled between freely. I would recommend only switching to 'REBALANCED' as a last resort or to solely play the story, as the game and its mechanics are all balanced around the 'ORIGINAL' difficulty.
- Increased the incidence of hourglass cards in Primadonna's deck to prevent red card spamming.
- hourglass hold duration reduced from 3 seconds to 2.
- Inverted blue cards no longer reset the "HURRY UP" timer.
- State of Mind UI has been edited to be more clear
- 'Holding down every arrow key to play every playable card instantly' no longer works. To play a card, you must fully press and release the corresponding key.
- General bug fixes and QOL improvements
Get CHROMATOSE (Now on Kickstarter!)
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.